A pet can definitely bring happiness to every household. Whether it is a cat or a dog, among others, it will be something that you will look forward to seeing after a tiring day. They are fun and playful. However, they can also be annoying, especially because they can cause a mess. Among others, one of the problems that you have to deal with would be pet hair.
If you want to get rid of pet hair in areas where they should not be present, you need to invest in a top-notch vacuum cleaner. Clueless on which one to buy? Keep on reading the rest of this guide and we’ll let you know some of the top choices for the best cordless vacuums for pet hair, as well as the notable features that make them amongst the best.
1. what is the best vacuum for pet hair?
If you have a pet at home, one of the things to keep in mind is that not just any type of vacuum would suffice. Rather, you need to find one that is designed exclusively to handle pet hair.
In the case of a traditional vacuum, they are incorporated with a two-part brush and hose. Sadly, this is not going to work for pet hair. The brush will only stir up the pet hair and hence, it won’t be lifted out of the surface. It can only get tangled in the brush.
On the other hand, in the case of a pet hair vacuum cleaner, they have special-designed brushes. They have a modified design that will suck dirt out of the surface and will prevent it from tangling. The suction tends to be more powerful, so as the filtration system.
2. Essential Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Pet Hair Vacuum
In your search for top cordless vacuum cleaners for pet hair, these are some of the most important things to consider, which will make it easier to narrow down the possibilities:
· Weight: One of the most important for a cordless vacuum is to be lightweight, which will allow you to carry it with ease. This means that even when cleaning for an extended period of time, you do not have to complain of fatigue.
· Battery: Cordless vacuum cleaners designed for pet hair have a battery. This is their source of power. To differentiate the possibilities, think about the time that will be needed for the battery to be recharged and the duration before it is drained.
· Power: The vacuum cleaner must deliver fade-free suction. Compared to other types of dirt and debris, pet hair is thinner and almost invisible to the naked eye. This makes it important that the vacuum can tackle even the tiniest dirt to the surface.
· Versatility: Even if it is called a pet hair vacuum cleaner, it does not mean that it is designed solely for such purpose. There are many models with several attachments, which means that you can use it in more ways than one.
· Surface Type: Do you have carpeted or hardwood floors? Is it going to be used for cleaning the couch? Take note that some pet hair vacuum cleaners are not meant to work in all surface types. For the best choice, pick one with multi-surface cleaning capability.
· Warranty: Most of the pet hair vacuum cleaners have a warranty that lasts from one to five years. Obviously, it is better to choose a product with a longer warranty coverage, which means that you can enjoy reliable support from the manufacturer when a product experiences a defect.
3. Tips to Get Rid of Pet Hair
While it will help to have the right vacuum cleaner, here are some of the best tips to prevent and eliminate pet hair at home:
· Keep your pets away from the carpeted area at home or the couch. They should have a space that is dedicated for playtime. They should also be trained to sleep in their designated area.
· In order to prevent pet hair from clinging on the surface, there are anti-static sprays that are commercially available.
· When cleaning seat covers, carpets, and anything else where carpet hair can be frequently found, it is good to use vinegar as a natural cleaner. White distilled vinegar will help the fabric to relax and loosen.
· Aside from using a vacuum cleaner that is designed specifically for pet hair, there are other materials that can prove to be equally effective. For instance, you can use rubber gloves or even a balloon.
Top 5 Cordless Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
In this section, we will provide you with a quick look at some of the top brands and models available on the market, as well as the reasons why they can be considered as exceptional picks.
* Black+Decker BDH2020FLFH Max Lithium Flex Vacuum *
Made by a reputable global brand, one of the exceptional features of this product is the lithium technology, which allows it to deliver fade-free suction, regardless of the dirt and debris that is retrieved. It is powerful enough to suck even the tiniest traces of pet hair.
It is excellent in terms of flexibility. Aside from the rubberized brush that was especially designed for getting rid of pet hair, there is also a stick vacuum attachment, as well as a crevice tool. A charging base is also included to keep the battery fully-charged.
The three-stage filtration is one more thing that gives this a good reputation in a marketplace that is saturated in terms of alternatives. This means that no dirt will be able to escape the vacuum once it has been trapped.
· Compact and lightweight body
· Excellent filtration
· Long battery life
· Hose can curl easily
· Can take quite a while to recharge the battery
*Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner*
To easily get rid of pet hair, this is one product that you might want to take into consideration. With its lightweight body, one thing that you will love is how easy it is to move around, and hence, you will not easily complain of fatigue.
There is a motorized power brush, which is basically the reason why it makes sure that dirt won’t be able to escape once it gets in contact with the head of the vacuum. There is a switch that is strategically-positioned, making it easy to turn off the brush when it is not needed.
It also comes with an 11-inch nozzle. The attachment will come handy if you are cleaning furniture or under the stairs.
Lastly, it has Wind Tunnel Technology, an innovation that has been exclusively developed by the manufacturer to provide cyclonic action when you are vacuuming.
· Has a clear canister
· Can work on different surfaces
· Battery quality could be better
· Can be prone to clogging
*Hoover Air BH52160PC Hand Vacuum Cleaner*
For an affordable vacuum that will make it effortless to remove pet hair, this is another option that should be taken into consideration. Its weight is less than four pounds, which means that handling it will be almost effortless on your end.
It comes with 20-volt Lithium Life Battery. While there is no doubt that it is powerful, you might not like the fact that a fully-charged battery will last only a few minutes. Fortunately, it comes with a battery fuel gauge, which will make it easy to determine how much battery is left.
Another feature that you will love is the reusable filter, which is budget-friendly. Instead of buying a replacement, all that you need to do is wash it in running water and it can be reused.
Lastly, the product comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer, which can provide you with peace of mind.
· Easy to handle
· Comes with a battery gauge
· No detachable hose
· Short battery life
*Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum*
This is one of the most expensive options from the products mentioned in this post, but it is sure to be worth your money given the advanced features that it has.
Among others, one feature that you will like is the fade-free suction that it can deliver. It can retrieve pet hair without any problem. To add, the battery can last for up to 20 minutes without any problem.
Meanwhile, it also has direct-drive cleaner head. It has bristles that can clean carpets deeply without causing damages to the delicate fibers on the surface.
It is also versatile. When used in hand-held mode, the wand can be detached and it can be used when cleaning the interior of your car. When the wand is attached, on the other hand, it can easily clean areas that are hard to reach.
· Comes with an extensive warranty coverage
· Powerful motor
· Versatile cleaning applications
· Bin capacity is quite small
*Dyson V6 Top Dog Cordless Handheld Vacuum*
The Dyson digital motor that powers this unit is one of its most exceptional features. It is small and lightweight, but this does not mean that power is compromised in any way. This is the reason why it is rated as one of the most powerful handheld vacuums on the market.
Another thing that makes it great is the presence of multiple attachments for different cleaning functions. It has a mini-motorized tool, combination tool, stubborn dirt brush, and crevice tool.
It also has two-tier radial cyclones, which can be asserted as another reason why it has a performance that is hard to match. There are 15 cyclones that are arranged in two tiers, which will lead to improved air flow. Even tiny pet hairs will not be able to escape.
· Comes with multiple accessories
· Lightweight design
· Versatile cleaning functions
· Minimal reviews are available online
· Battery does not last long
From the discussions above about the best cordless vacuums for pet hair, we hope that it is now easier for you to decide which one will be the best choice. If you will ask for my personal opinion, I would say that Hoover Linx cordless stick vacuum cleaner is the top pick. It is made by a top-rated brand and it has innovative features that provide it with an edge over others.
Have you purchased a pet vacuum cleaner? Are there other models that you would like to recommend? Do not hesitate to leave a comment below.
Read More: Best Carpet Cleaner for pets