What is Dewalt D26451K?
Dewalt is one of the most popular brands for power tools, including random orbit sander. The company has made a name for itself, establishing a brand that is hard to rival.
In this Dewalt D26451K review, we will take a look at one of their best products and assess its performance, making it easier to decide if it will make the right choice.
Benefits to Customers when Using Dewalt D26451K
Similar to the other models of random orbit sanders that you can find in the market, the following are some of the benefits that you can enjoy:
- Provides a Smooth Finish: On the top of the benefits of the random orbit sander is its ability to create smooth finishes, which can be hard to compare with any other type of sander. The random orbits that are produced by the unit will be responsible for this.
- Has a Big Motor: Compared to a palm sheet sander, a random orbit sander comes with a larger motor. This means that it will be more effective in dealing with heavy-duty tasks, making this an excellent tool to have for the pros.
- Does not Remove Material Aggressively: Even if the unit is powerful, it is not aggressive when sanding. This means that it will not cause too much peeling of the material. It will also help in preventing scratches and swirl marks on the surface.
Main Product Features
Below are some of the features that you can find in Dewalt D26451K random orbital sander:
- 3-amp Motor: With the 3-amp motor of this sander, it will be able to effortlessly tackle a wide array of sanding tasks. Even for the pros, the motor will definitely be impressive. At such speed, the unit can deliver up to 12,000 OPM to produce smooth finishes.
- Dust-Sealed Switch: This is one thing that helps to extend the functional life of the product. The latter protects the internal components, making sure that dust will stay out.
- Controlled Finishing System: With this feature, it will be easier for you to handle the sander. It will also lessen the possibility that it will suffer from gouging during the start-up.
- Textured Handle: If you are looking for an ergonomic random orbit sander, this is what you should choose. Even if your hands are wet, you can have a strong grip of the unit.
Watch the short video below to know more about this product:
Pros and Cons of Dewalt D26451K
If you still find it hard to be convinced that Dewalt D26451K will be an impressive choice, below are some of the advantages that could possibly change your mind:
- Durable Construction: This is perhaps one of the reasons why the price is justifiable. The rugged design of the unit means that it will not be easily subjected to wear and tear, making it useful even through the years.
- Comes with a Carrying Use: When you are not using the random orbital sander and the accessories that are included, you can keep them safe in the included case. This also makes the set portable.
- Comfortable: The ergonomic design of the unit is a big plus. It is lightweight and comes with an impressive grip. This will minimize the likelihood that it will slip out of your hand. This is also effective in minimizing fatigue.
No product is perfect. With this, below are some of the drawbacks of Dewalt D26451K:
- Expensive Price: If you are a budget-conscious buyer, you might find the price too high. This is an expensive product. Nonetheless, the price should not carry too much weight in the evaluation of your options. More often than not, the more expensive ones tend to be superior in terms of quality and performance.
- Small Dust Bag: Especially for heavy-duty tasks, the dust bag that is included in the product can be too small. If you intend to work for an extended period, you will need to empty the bag before it gets full.
As noted in this brief Dewalt D26451K review, this random orbit sander may be expensive, but the cost will be worth it. It is not only made by a globally-reputable brand, but it is also powerful and has an ergonomic design.
You can check out my another review: Bosch 1250DEVS Review