Are you a DIY enthusiast? Is woodworking your passion? Looking for the ideal tool that can help you to complete your projects easily and successfully? A craftsman scroll saw is probably what you will need!
While a scroll saw can prove to be an excellent investment, this will largely depend on how it will perform. This makes it important to choose wisely. To help you out, read the rest of this post and we will have a quick rundown of some of the best scrolls saws that you might want to take into consideration.
Types of Scroll Saw
As you search for a scroll saw for sale, one of the most important things that you need to consider would be its type. They can be categorized on the basis of their power supply. Cordless scroll saws are more convenient and they rely on a battery. Corded scroll saws, on the other hand, are more powerful. However, their main drawback is portability.
You can also categorize the scroll saws on the basis of their speed. Some saws have a fixed speed. However, for the purpose of versatility, we recommend that you look for a saw that comes with a variable speed, which will allow you to choose a speed that is most appropriate for the chosen task.
Features to Look For
As you try to narrow down the options that are available on the market, here are some of the most important things that you have to look for:
· Powerful Motor: This is important for professionals who have demanding requirements. If you are going to use it only for DIY tasks, you do not necessarily need to have a powerful motor.
· Variable Speed: With a variable speed, you will be able to easily choose which speed is most appropriate for a certain task. This makes the saw versatile as against one that comes with a fixed speed. You will have the freedom to customize the speed as desired.
· Adjustable Angle: Similar to the case of speed, this is also going to make the scroll saw versatile. Most of the options have an angle that you can adjust from 0 to 45 degrees, allowing you to make a variety of cuts.
· Light: This is one thing that is not present in many scroll saws but could actually be an excellent add-on. This will provide illumination in the work area to easily see the material and to make sure that you are making accurate cuts.
· Blower: When you are cutting with the scroll saw, it is undeniable that there will be dust. This can affect visibility and can cause a mess in the workplace. With a blower, on the other hand, you can keep the dust out.
Tips for Using Scroll Saws
To make the most out of every project, here are some things to keep in mind:
· Make safety your priority. Wear safety goggles and avoid loose clothing.
·· It is also best to cut at a slow speed, especially if you are a novice.
· Choose the right type of wood that the scroll saw can handle. One of the most popular picks is a Baltic birch plywood.
· Use rubber finger inserts to have a better grip on the material when you are sawing. This will also provide you with better control.
Top 5 Scroll Saw Reviews: A Look at Our Top Picks
To make things easier for you, listed below are the top brands and models that are guaranteed to make an exceptional pick.
Dewalt DW788 Scroll Saw
Made by one of the most trusted brands in the market for power tools, this is a top pick. One of its notable features is the double parallel-link arm. The latter allows vibration to be significantly minimized, which is excellent in terms of comfort.
Meanwhile, when it comes to being user-friendly it is also great. There is a tool-free clamp, which will allow you to change blades easily. There is also an oversized table that can support a variety of materials.
Another exceptional feature is the electronic variable speed, allowing you to choose the perfect speed based on a specific task or material. Plus, it comes with a 1.3-amp motor, guaranteeing its power.
Lastly, this 20-inch scroll saw also comes with an incredible warranty coverage. The manufacturer offers a three-year limited warranty. Meanwhile, within 90 days of use, if you are unhappy, you can return it to the manufacturer and you will be issued an unconditional refund.
· Tool-free blade clamps
· Reliable motor
· Has an excellent dust blower
· Can be quite big for some users
Shop Fox W1713 Scroll Saw
This is another scroll saw that offers variable speed, which is great in terms of versatility. It has a 1.2-amp, 1/8 HP, 60 Hz motor. The speed, on the other hand, is variable. It can deliver up to 550 to 1,700 strokes per minute.
The table tilt feature is also excellent, making it great for a number of projects. You can cut at various angles since you can adjust the table from 0 to 45 degrees. There is a knob that is strategically-positioned to make the adjustments easy.
The built-in blower is also a good thing. This will help to get rid of dust in the work area, making it mess free. This also improves visibility.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a gooseneck light. The latter provides illumination in the work area, which increases the precision of the outcomes.
· Comes with a work light
· Durable but lightweight
· Has a variable speed motor
· Changing blade can be tricky
· Table fixture could be better
WEN 3920 Scroll Saw
This is another model that has received words of praises in many scroll saw reviews basically because of its price. if you are looking for an option that is easy on the wallet while still capable of delivering a decent performance, this will be an exceptional pick.
The unique design of the saw is one of its impressive features. With the latter, blade changes can be done in two directions.
In terms of its versatility, users will also enjoy how they can choose from its variable speed settings, which range from 400 to 1,600 strokes per minute.
Meanwhile, the base is made of cast iron. This material is known not only for being durable but also for its stability. This will help in the reduction of vibration.
Lastly, there is also a flexible work light, which you can position in multiple ways so that you can easily see the material that is being cut by the scroll saw.
· Has a cast iron table
· Blade performance can be underwhelming
· Not as durable as higher-end models
Rockwell RK7315 Scroll Saw
For budget-conscious buyers who are on the lookout for an economical scroll saw for sale, this is another option that can prove to be excellent. However, do not compare its performance with the higher-end models as it will definitely be not as powerful.
With a 1.2-amp motor, this scroll saw already has a decent power to handle most jobs without the need to exert too much effort. It also comes with a variable speed control. This will allow you to change the speed based on what a task requires.
Meanwhile, there is a die-cast aluminum table. This is a material that is known for being lightweight. To add, you can also adjust the angle of the table to up to 45 degrees.
Lastly, if you want to have peace of mind, it is also good to know that the manufacturer is offering a warranty that lasts for two years.
· Has a variable speed control
· Offers intuitive operations
· Not as popular as the others
· Can be flimsy
Delta Power Tools 40-694 Scroll Saw
Wrapping up our list is a scroll saw with a 1.3-amp motor that can easily tackle a wide range of tasks. More than the motor, it is also great because of having a variable speed, which you can easily adjust from 400 to 1,750 strokes per minute.
Another great feature that you can find in this product is the double parallel-link arm. This is a design innovation that is basically responsible for the reduction of vibration to keep you comfortable all throughout.
To make it user-friendly, there is also a tool-free blade clamp. The latter allows you to change blades quickly.
· Assembly is easy
· Has a powerful motor
· Offers adjustable speed
· Does not come with a stand and light
· Blade tensioning can be tricky
With the best scroll saws that have been mentioned above, we hope that it is now easier for you to come up with the right decision on which one to buy. Choose wisely to be sure that it can deliver the performance that you expect from a product with superior quality.